The Tour Down Under is the first stop in World Cycling after being granter ProTour status - the first race outside of Europe to be given this ranking.
Elite international athletes race around South Australia over a week in January in a bid to win the right to wear the Ochre Leaders Jersey.
The 2008 Tour Down Under will be held from 20-27 January.
- Route: Willunga to Willunga
- Date: 26 January 2008
- Start: 11am
- Finish: approx 2.45pm
- Willunga – Australia Day Celebrations
- Aldinga Beach, The Esplanade (SA Lotteries Sprint # 1: 58.8km)
- Willunga, Main Road (Feed Station: 81.8km)
- Aldinga Beach, The Esplanade (SA Lotteries Sprint # 2: 100.7km)
- Old Willunga Hill (King of the Mountain: 127.4km)
While you’re here
- Swim, play beach cricket or just relax at one of South Australia’s favourite beaches, Aldinga.
- Dine in style overlooking the sea at Port Willunga’s Star of Greece Café.
- Explore the lovely wine region and its 60 welcoming cellar doors.
At McLaren Vale
- Sample exquisite confectionery at the Medlow Confectionery and FruChocs Showroom.
- Taste the fabulous range of olives and oils at McLaren Vale icon, The Olive Groves.
- Discover a brilliant blend of food, wine and art at Red Poles, which combines a gallery and licensed café
There is a bookable VIP-Package of the Tour Down Under.