Tour Down Under 2008 (Stage 5)
The Tour Down Under is the first stop in World Cycling after being granter ProTour status - the first race outside of Europe to be given this ranking.
Elite international athletes race around South Australia over a week in January in a bid to win the right to wear the Ochre Leaders Jersey.
The 2008 Tour Down Under will be held from 20-27 January.
- Route: Willunga to Willunga
- Date: 26 January 2008
- Start: 11am
- Finish: approx 2.45pm
- Willunga – Australia Day Celebrations
- Aldinga Beach, The Esplanade (SA Lotteries Sprint # 1: 58.8km)
- Willunga, Main Road (Feed Station: 81.8km)
- Aldinga Beach, The Esplanade (SA Lotteries Sprint # 2: 100.7km)
- Old Willunga Hill (King of the Mountain: 127.4km)
While you’re here
- Swim, play beach cricket or just relax at one of South Australia’s favourite beaches, Aldinga.
- Dine in style overlooking the sea at Port Willunga’s Star of Greece Café.
- Explore the lovely wine region and its 60 welcoming cellar doors.
- Sample exquisite confectionery at the Medlow Confectionery and FruChocs Showroom.
- Taste the fabulous range of olives and oils at McLaren Vale icon, The Olive Groves.
- Discover a brilliant blend of food, wine and art at Red Poles, which combines a gallery and licensed café
There is a bookable VIP-Package of the Tour Down Under.
There are no similar routes.
Bikemap is the world's biggest collection of cycle routes. Create your perfect bike route with the online cycle route planner and get our mobile apps for simple navigation, route tracking and for finding popular cycle routes near you.