Cycling routes and bike maps in and around
Republic of South Africa
When visiting South Africa, you can either create your own bike routes with the bike route planner or you can participate in one of the many guided bike tours provided. While on tour in South Africa, you can encounter baboons, snakes, birds and antelopes while enjoying riding on wide shoulders as most roads are paved and in excellent condition. Mountain bike fans can take on some great tours around Cape Town or Johannesburg, for example in Mpumalanga, a South American province which’s name means “the place where the sun rises”. Enjoyable trips are guaranteed!
Find cycle routes in Republic of South Africa:
- Mapped Ways
- Cycle Routes
- Go on a bike safari through Kruger National Park. The national park is 200.000 hectares big and is home to more than 147 mammal species and over 500 kinds of birds.
- Explore South Africa’s vineyard’s by bike.
- Conquer the Table Mountain. From the top, you can enjoy an amazing view of Cape Town. Thanks to its plateau-like peak, it is a popular destination.
- Pay attention and pack the right adapter in order to be able to use any electronic devices you might have brought.
- You should pay attention to your surroundings. Best check your travel guide or ask in your hotel which areas you should avoid.