This is a great loop with a variety of riding challenges. The first part is on narrow country roads with plenty of ups and downs and many short steep climbs. The last half will be in two lane roads and overall downhill for fast cruising back into Marlington. The last 6 miles from Huntersville to Marlinton is usually the only section where you run into any traffic issues.
I usually start this ride in Edray do to camping nearby but will do the turn list from downtown Marlinton. You can get water at the picnic area or office of Seneca state forest.
- 0.0 Downtown Marlinton at Greenbrier River Trail crossing.
- 0.3 Left on the Rt. 39 at end of bridge.
- 0.5 Right on Jericho Road<br />
- 4.3 Left - Bare left to continue on Jericho Rd.
- 4.9 Right on Co. Rt. 17 Woodrow Road
- 6.0 Left on Rt 219 at Edray. Last store on the route.
- 6.2 Right on Back Mt. Road past the church. Continue on Back Mt. Road till Cloverlick.<br />
- 11.8 The Loop
- 16.7 Straight at intersection at Cloverlick on Laurel Run Rd. 1/4 and cross Greenbrier River. Back Mt. Road goes left here toward Cass.
- 21.0 Right on State 28.
- 33.8 Right on St. 39.
- 39.0 Finish<br />