Assault on Droop Mountain
74 km Distanz
1.053 m Aufstieg
1.053 m Abstieg
Über diese Route
This is a route I introduced for the Mountain State Wheelers bike club's annual Fall weekend. It is a very scenic, but tough ride.
Start at parking lot at the entrance ofBeaver Creek Campground, Watoga State Park.
- 0.0 Start.
- 0.1 Right out of the campground.
- 0.6 Left onto Co. 21/4 to go thru the Park. Start with a short steep climb and then a long gradual downhill to the river.
- 2.9 Bare right at the Lake/Park Office.
- 6.4 Right to continue to Seebert.
- 7.1 Cross River and follow Co. 27 to U.S. 219. Steep climb out of Seebert to US 219..
- 9.4 Left on US 219
- 10.7 Right on Co 29, Lobelia Road
- 15.6 Staight to continue on Co. 29. Road Narrows. Begin steep twisty downhill with 2 U turns. Watch for gravel on the road.<br />
- 21.6 Bare left in sharp downhill left turn to continue on Co. 29. Second climb of Droop Mountain coming up.
- 23.7 Left on US 219 <br />
- 24.8 Second entrance to the Park. You can take it to go to the lookout tower where this is a water fountain at the parking lot. You earned the chance to enjoy the view.
- Continue on US 219 and begin steep, twisty downhill. Turn onto Locust Creek Road before the bottom.
- 26.3 Sharp Right turn on a down grade.
- 29.4 Left and an immediate Left onto Co. 31/9. Locust Creek Covered bridge is just to the right at this intersection.
- 31.4 Staight onto Co. 31
- 35.1 Right on US 219 back in Hillsboro.
- 36.3 Right onto Co. 27 to return to Seebert.
- 38.6 Recross Greenbrier River at Seebert.<br />
- 42.9 Left onto Co. 21/3 at Park office.
- 45.1 Right to return to campground entrance.<br />
- 45.7 Right to Campground
- 45.8 Finish<br />
Bewerte diese Route