Picturesque Dutch Loop
Discover on the way :
- typical fisher's villages on the Markermeer like Durgerdam, Marken, Volendam, Edam, Hoorn & Enkhuizen
- cross the Zuiderzee via the Houtribdijk, a dike more than 30 km long
- the "High Fens" or "Hoge Veluwe", a very unique natural landscape
- some nice castles like Het Loo, De Haar, Keukenhof; ...
- some wonderful cities like Utrecht, Oudewater, Gouda, Dordrecht, Rotterdam, Delft, The Hague, Haarlem...
- other top highlights of the country such as Kinderdijk, the dunes along the coast, the Keukenhof, the freaky Inntel hotel of Zaanstad, the Zaanse Schans, ...
According to your dates, be sure not to miss the blossom of the tulips in Keukenhof if you travel between late March and early May, the Koninginnedag on the 30th of April in Amsterdam, the traditional (but sometimes very touristy) cheese markets in Gouda (Thursdays mornings) or Edam (Wednesday mornings, only in summer).
Plan between one week and 10 days for the whole loop, according to your rhythm and your wish (or not) to visit the museums, castles...
Take a deep dive into the world of Bikemap and enjoy regular community reports, product reviews and Bikemap updates.Go to blog
Feedback & Help
You have a question about Bikemap or need help with a problem? Our community and the Bikemap experts are there for you.Go to Help Center
Get the latest and greatest cycling news and route recommendations.